New Year’s Resolution: Your Education
Need some ideas for your New Year’s Resolutions? We put together a list of New Year’s Resolutions to help you think about some ways you can make 2017 the best year yet!
- Make New Friends: Remember how easy it was to make friends when you were younger? It seems the more years that go by the harder it is to make meaningful bonds. As children we relied on central locations like the cafeteria, biology class, or the playground to form our friendships. Take advantage of the classroom setting and networking events to form lasting relationships. Your new best friend may be closer than you think.
- Give a Little: We hear the phrase ‘I’m stuck in a rut’ all the time (or we may even say it ourselves). Take some time to research volunteer opportunities or simple ways you can treat yourself after a long day at work. By giving back (even to yourself), you will be able to thrive during life’s more challenging times and creates a sense of purpose.
- Maintain a Healthy Work/Life Balance: It can be difficult juggling a career, classes, and home life. 168 hours a week sounds like a lot more time than it sometimes seems. Take 30 minutes each day to maintain a weekly planner will keep you organized and will help you make the most of your time.
- Get Out of Your Comfort Zone: We all have a tendency to do what is most comfortable and convenient for us, it is oftentimes instinctual. Breaking out of your comfort zone allows you to explore hidden talents and experience new aspects of life.
- Learn Something New: Taking up a class or learning a new skill can help you reignite an old passion or spark a new interest. Take advantage of educational or professional development opportunities nearby.
Hopefully some of these ideas will inspire you to make 2017 the best year yet, and even kick start your journey towards pursing your degree.
At Eastern Nazarene College Division of Adult and Graduate Studies, we are firm believers that your education is worthwhile. In 2017, we continue to hold true to the promise of providing excellent customer service to our students and providing the best education in the South Shore.
With the help of Financial Services, Enrollment Advisors and Academic Advisors, we have a team of dedicated staff that are available to listen to your needs and guide you through your higher education journey.