Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy
Next start date August 27, 2019
Priority deadline is July 1, 2019. Space is limited. Applications received after July 1st will be considered if space is still available.
Format: Cohort model; two courses at a time each meeting once a week for 10 weeks or 1 class for 5 weeks which meets two nights a week
Length: 33 months of coursework which includes a 12-month clinical internship
Credits: 60 credits
Cost Per Credit: $535
Start Dates and Locations
The Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy is designed for students who have already earned a Bachelor’s degree, are seeking to become licensed counselors, and hope to develop their primary professional identity as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)* or a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)*. The MFT program is available at ENC’s Quincy campus. Classes generally meet once a week over a period of 10 weeks and students usually take two courses at a time. A year-round commitment to the pursuit of the degree is requested, and students are expected to maintain progress with their cohort. The 3-year program culminates with a 12-month clinical experience that requires 700 total hours (300 of which are client contact hours).
- Utilize the theories and methods of marriage and family therapy and mental health counseling to build a foundation for competent practice in the field of counseling
- Develop counseling techniques and skills through the experience of the practicum and internship
- Understand how to face the personal, ethical and legal responsibilities for counseling
- Apply material addressed to enhance self-awareness and personal growth
- Integrate the study of professional counseling with an appreciation for the spiritual dimensions of the human experience
Additional Admissions Requirements:
- 3 letters of recommendation (Letter of Recommendation Form)
- A 750-word essay (3 pages) explaining why you wish to pursue your program
- A résumé – Upload your supplemental items to your profile page, email them to your Enrollment Advisor, or mail them to the Admissions Office.
Mail all required enrollment materials to:
Adult & Graduate Studies Admissions
Eastern Nazarene College
23 East Elm Avenue
Quincy, MA 02170